Wednesday 4 June 2008

Four Hour Swim - Saturday 31 May

Last Saturday saw me back in Ellesmere for a 4 hour swim. The aim being to extend the endurance and practice various feed ideas. The sun was out and a very pleasant water temperature (16.5C) made for a really enjoyable swim. Feeding worked well with Ruth lobbing a 500ml bottle of warm Maxim at me. The Maxim was flavoured with forest fruits squash, and I fed after 2 hours and again at 3 hours. The feeds also gave her a well earned break from paddling around as safety cover.

Next weekend will be a 5 hour effort, following the same pattern for feeding though I'm going to try 3 scoops of Maxim per 500ml - should be turbocharged if I hold it down!!

Ruth is going to share the safety cover this week with my brother, John, who had a practice last night in Colemere, as Rob and I did 3 laps of the lake. He only paddled over me once whilst he watch an aeroplane practicing aerobatics!! I feel safe really.

I have kick started my bid to raise money for Hope House, and a big thank you to all of you who have given so generously already. If anyone wishes to help this charity, I have included the link below, and you can read all about Hope House on one of my earlier posts.

http://www.justgiving.com/andychannelswim

No comments: