Tuesday 16 March 2010

Ireland Here I Come.

Following the multitude of Channel swim successes of the Ned Army Faction. I have been signed up for Ned Denison's June 2010 swim camp over in Cork by Ruth (What else could I have for a 50th birthday present!!). Having heard wonderful things about Ned and speaking to members of the faction including Big Carl Richards and Mark Hewish, as well as Ned himself at the CS&PF Dinner, it seemed to be a good idea at the time.

Having read the details of the camp, I think I've let myself in for the biggest beasting of my life and I can't wait!!

Here are a few of the more motivating quotes from the Camp details:

"Nobody should swim more than 40 hours during this 9 day period but if you can not imagine doing 25 hours then probably the Camp is not for you."

"Water temperatures are expected to range from 14 C (sea) to 17 C (fresh). No extra charge will be imposed for extra cold sea temperatures down to 11C. At that time of year the days are long in Cork and there is a chance that it will not rain."


"With luck, you will also get a call at 10pm one night to get you in the water at 3am – just to give you the most possible discomfort."

Oh Boy!

2 comments:

Hoffy Swims said...

Good luck mate, and glad you're giving it another go! Cheers. Hoffy.

Enda Kennedy said...

Hi Andy

I am there also, sent ned the money today. They are a great group of people, very supportive group.

Looking forward to it.
well!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sort of

Hope all is well and training is going good. Missed out on Malta. I e/mailed JCR but no places were left.
Enda