Monday 21 June 2010

The 6 Hour Swim.

Our final day swimming was a 6 hour at Sandy Cove. As with the rest of the week the weather was glorious, with clear blue skies. We all started together to loop around the island for the whole 6 hours. Whilst I didn't need to do a qualifying swim, it was all to be hours in the bank. As the hours passed the far side of the island was getting to be a little "testy", combined with a long weeks swimming and the after effects of the jelly encounter, Ned suggested (well insisted) that I do the last hour in the bay, I was in no state to argue and fully agreed. Mick also joined me to act as a practice support swimmer, which really pushed me on and upped my stroke. Thanks again Mick for the support and even more burgers!!

In total, I did just over 27 hours in the week we had in Ireland, by far my hardest week ever. If I can carry this forward to some good swims in Dover over the next 2 weekends, then I will be as ready as I ever will be for the day out to France.

I will post some more photos in the next day or two and say some more thankyou's, but it's bedtime and I have the joy of work in the morning!!

2 comments:

M said...

27 hours totally awesome Andy
hope the camp runs in the future it sounds like a must
well done and keep up the great work

best

mark

Lisa said...

Well done on a great week's training!
Lisa :)