Tuesday 29 June 2010

Ireland Seems So Long Ago.

I've been home for a week now and work seems to have taken over where it left off and Ireland seems a lifetime ago. However, I must say a huge thanks to everyone on the Camp. Firstly to Ned for taking the time and trouble to set up and run the Camp, as well as all his help and advice, it will be used to get me to France.

There were many others involved in varying degrees who deserve thanks: Owen O'Keefe, what a great guy, great swimmer, great organiser (Fermoy), and budding torturer (makes you sick all that talent at his age!!). Lisa Cummins, a wonderful person and an inspiration to any Channel wannabe. Steven Black, when did you get faster than me, must have been all that time in Lough Ine? Kieran and Mick for your role as support swimmers in the last hour of my 6 hour, Kieran thanks for all the email support as well, and one day I'm sure you will be in that Channel. Enda Kennedy, you always bring a smile to a swim and pass it on to all around you, a true gift, cheers mate and good luck on your swim. Eddie and Liam, 2 top blokes who I hope will fly across the Channel, I wish I could swim like you guys! All my fellow SwimTrekkers who made the trip, Karen, Neil and Paul, we must get a 100% success rate for Ned?

Finally, to the wife, swim bitch and grease monkey that can only be Ruth. You have been the best supporter a swimmer could ask for. You deserve all those shoes, bags, frocks etc!!

If I've missed anyone, sorry but you were all brilliant and thanks again.


Before the 6 hour.
  
After the 6 hour!!

Lisa Helps with the Safety Cover!

Sandy Cove from the island.

No comments: